Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Um...

As I exited the bathroom I realized I had been hear "dishes" noises for a bit.

Now for the past 12 days this has been the norm. My MTL was here and 99.9% of the dishes were done by her, BUT she and FTL had just left (so sad).

I called out to Jesse, "Whatcha doing?" "Dishes!" was his reply.

Both Grandmothers do a GREAT job of including my kids in various tasks and chores, and I was quite thankful for this training and Jesse's initiative.




BUT....




As I went to get my camera, which I have finally found, I heard an amazing explosion. This explosion is one I've hear a handful of times before.

It is an explosion made only by Corelle dishes when they are dropped for the last time. I say the last time because you can drop them an unusual # of times with out so much as a chip, but that last time is a dozy!

Between my butter fingers when pregnant (5X) and many small children, Corelle has held up like no other. Thanks to Grandma Paige who bought them as a wedding gift for us!


2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

It made for such a great post though ;)

Plus...one less dish to wash.

Anonymous said...

I saw a quote on a blog one time that said something like "When initiative and incompetence meet it is inherently evil." I think this is what she meant! Cute and sweet and destructive all at the same time!

I'm a Believer!
Laura