Friday, November 28, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
- My most recent chance at a niece up and decided to grow "external plumbing". I can't wait to meet Benjamin David!
- Today is the 18th anniversary of my Granny's death.
- Last night was our first in our house.
- So much clutter left to pack and clean here at the rental.
- Phone will switch locations, same #, but the phone line wont be run in the house until tonight at the earliest.
- The FLT Weekend to Remember was great! So many prayers answered. So much spiritual attack. So many marriages strengthened. So many realities to head back into at each home. Another in our area this coming weekend.
- Nerve getting rubbed on in my neck
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
- I need to pack for our move.
- I need to pack for our Weekend to Remember
- One sister in law has a birthday tomorrow
- The other is fully pregant and has a baby wanting a birthday ASAP.
- I am falling prey to a sinus infection and can't even get up to heat my own rice pack....
Monday, November 10, 2008
This is the case today and I am glad. We haven't even been able to boast containment for quite some time. Even better is the fact that I can say BOTH houses are "contained".
I have a new friend who has NO junk drawers in her house. "Sigh" It must be nice! EVERY drawer in my house is a junk drawer!
Don't get me wrong, I do try to keep up with the germ removal type cleaning. I'm just not one to make a place for everything. Well... I may be that person, I'm just NOT the person to actually GET it to it's place.
After literally weeks of sorting and packing most of the house is ready for our move, and I am actually able to see floors, tables, counter tops and the like.
The small "island" in our kitchen/dining room is another story all together. I HATE PAPER!!! This his where every thing lands: keys, school papers, receipts, bills, Kleenex, articles I am sure I will have time to read later.
I think I am going to need another day of cleaning just for filing papers!
There is the basement to pack and clean too.... I shudder at the thought.....Pray for the rapture!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
- spent the day with my family at OUR house
- cooked a meal at OUR house (Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese)
- took a nap in my chair at OUR house
- watched a movie, read a book, and played games with the kids at OUR house
- learned to solder copper pipes
- soldered pipes needed to hook up the water inside OUR house
- wished I had brought a tee shirt because it was so warm inside OUR house
- Praise God He is beside me no matter where I am
There is still an overwhelming list of things needing to be accomplished. I can't wait to see the pole barn finished and trim and siding on the house! It could be a way off yet. I'm struggling with that. There are just so many other things needing to come first.
Two of my brothers blessed us by helping Friday night and Saturday. Don's boss continues to plug away at the electrical.
I found the boot tub, but so had the mice. They used it for a home for quite some time. I am not sure how to ( or if I have the stomach to) clean them up, they smell REALLY bad!
Friday, November 7, 2008
My to do list is now set for me.
- Go to property
- Dig into the farthest corner of the small storage room
- Find boots tub
- Find hats and gloves tub
- Find snow pants tub
- Take them to school
I do actually enjoy the ambiance of snow. I was just really praying for another mid 60s for the next 8 days.
Don did get the heat going last night! I won't be freezing while I search!
Between cutting lumber (smells like cutting down a Christmas tree) Starting the wood stove (smells cozy) and the snow, I'm having a hard time keeping in the Grinch spirit!
Bring on the peppermint coffee!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
This uneven weight lifting routine is so not good for my neck and shoulders! In fact last winter I bought a cute, small, red purse hoping it would help with my trend to carry around a purse weighing as much as one of my babies!
No deal. I ended up carrying both, at least as far as the car, but then I would end up lacking something (i.e. Coupons) I needed from "The BIG purse".
Even before my life took on the varied responsibilities of shopping for our building project, I found unusual things being carried in my "black abyss". I must confess: One time I even LOST a library book in this bag!
In the spirit of a true blogger, I have photographed and will share with you the contents of my fat friend, who has by the way held up quite well under the abuse! (now that all the stuff is out of my purse it looks like a post 5th pregnancy belly. Not that I know what that looks like...) This picture is AFTER I threw away all the garbage.
- Notebook/ shopping list
- List from Electrician (A.K.A. Don's boss)
- Money!!! I do have some!!! Do you see it?!!
- Receipts.... that I have to save for reimbursement...I hate paper!!!
- I guess there is a little garbage. There were 3 York Peppermint Patty wrappers
- Anybody want to take a stab at the rest of the contents?
I'd really better get going. My mom has Jesse so I can get a bunch of packing done. I'll show you pictures later.
P.S. I thought I'd better check on the song before I used it's title for my own, so I went to YouTube to check on "Little Miss Mickey Mouse". (Britney Spears) The song was pretty stupid and her voice was grating. I guess we all know that wasn't really her appeal, but even though a line in the song states, "I'm really not that innocent", I was stunned to see what the past 10 years has done to her. There was such a freshness to her, though she was trying so desperately to be "bad". I pray for our "stars". Their lives are not their own, and we think they have it all, but in reality "His All" is hard for them to find in all the trappings.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Don and I were actually able to communicate Friday morning. With his parents here our lives kind of ran on parallel tracks for 12 days. No complaints! It was super and a huge relief to both of us to be getting so much accomplished.
I digress, We talked Friday morning and decided our "official move" would be best postponed until after our trip to the Family Life "Weekend to Remember" November 14th -16th.
My sister and a college friend are going to be keeping track of our gang while we are gone. While things would be moved by that time. There would be very little settled. We'll hang tight a little longer.
This is not to say that each day find a new level of "moving" accomplished. Today I finally buttoned up some packing in our rental living room, and I also re assembled our refrigerator at the property and set up a microwave out there as well. It is so much handier to have food storage and warming capabilities!! I just wish I had thought to buy more milk to store out there. I can never buy more than 2 gallons at a time, and with the local grocery store closed, AND with our consuming almost 1 gallon per day....
Saturday I was planning to paint siding. It has been unseasonably warm here and we are grateful!! It ended up that there were so many other things pressing to be done. I was disappointed, but we did get Don's shop floor found! It had so much scrap lumber laying around you could hardly walk thru.
Homer, Jon and I moved most of it to the top of Don's shop. (A.K.A. The He Man Woman Haters Club) This name is due only for it's resemblance to the scrapped together fort on "The Little Rascals".
God blessed our hearts this weekend with lots of help physically and also thru worship with our church family.
My dad, Marc and Aaron helped Saturday, as well as a Rob Swailes from church. My friends Trisha and Michelle each helped with kids. I get so much more done when I do not have to settle petty squabbles! My mom had Jon Friday night. That helped and made his day!
We are blessed. We are settled. We are waiting. Funny, that was pastors messages Sunday morning and evening.