Friday, May 29, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
(she didn't like the sun in her face, and I didn't want a picture of the top of her head)
One of the best parts of having little ones!!
"Big Brother" had a collision with his older brother and his bike..
He looks much better now!
Many thanks to Sarah for saving the day with Popsicles!!!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Tonight I am chilling with my sister in law and good buddy Jessica. I have Marlene, Jon, Delphia and Jesse with me. Don and Homer are on a Father/ Son retreat. I am so excited for them!! Don took today off and Homer had 1/2 day of school. They will be home sometime tomorrow evening.
At the Mother Daughter banquet here in Dysart, one of Jessica's friends was wanting help styling her 6 year old daughters SUPER curly hair, so we made a date for tonight for me to share my years of experience. (that and the my extensive supply of hair products)
I am sure there is so much more to say. I have lists of blogs I would like to write, but never have.....
Oh, and God is doing a number on me and my mouth. It's all good! Or for my best anyway.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Obviously it's not happened. So I am settling on catching up for today. (usually the things I want to write about on any given day change by the next day or so, or are crowded out by new things and thoughts)
Today was GLORIOUS, and not at all what we had planned.
- sleeping in
- not fixing breakfast because there were leftover burritos and the kids would rather eat cereal anyway
- fixing 40 ham balls for Mother's day dinner with my mom and siblings
- practice for special music, coaxing a friend to sing with us
- quick trip to buy more ham, drop of the baked ham balls, and speeding to a graduation open house
- getting to see our former church family. 50% good 50% not so great.
- struggling with how poorly we represent Christ
- walk around GC lake
- hubby spent all day setting up new sound equipment at church
- we all went to the park
- we all came home and cleaned a portion of the yard in hopes of actually having a patch of grass for the kids to play on
- our plan was to plant all the flowers and seeds Don bought me for Mother's day. Didn't happen, too dark.
- hot dog supper on the front porch
- planning "meeting" with Don while the kids took their showers
- 20 more ham balls to make
- Don mixed the Cheesy potatoes for me
- ham balls just finished cooking. I am off to bed. Rhubarb pie to get around in the AM.
As I mentioned, the day really was nothing like we'd planned. We had plans to work on placing our kitchen cupboards, staining some doors, and getting all the baking done, but it was perfect. There was no rush and it was perfect contentment just working all together.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
(Don had a discussion with him about crying "Wolf" recently. This weekend he fell into one of our egress window wells and was screaming his head off, but it was the same mad cry as when a sibling looks at him cross eyed, so needless to say no body was rushing to investigate.)
He sat on my lap for the majority of our "getting things around for school" time, and shortly after devos had a drink of water, which he promptly brought back up.
Okay, we took the kids to school and upon arriving home he wanted another drink. I complied, with bowl in hand. Yep, it came right back out.
So, he sat on the couch and took a trip to Narnia. That trip seemed to cure him! He is now running around like this
eating everything in sight, including licking the spatula from the chocolate for the peanut butter bars I made. (aren't you jealous Sarah?)
Does anyone else have a 5 year old still wearing 24M shorts? I don't have a clue how we got such a scrawny kid!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
- A bedroom with a door
- Not living in a basement
- Spending time with my sis in law and 2 sisters tonight
- Having everyone home for the weekend!!
- Deserae and Michael's baby
- A clothes dryer
- No more mud
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Mario Kart with Jesse
- Signed my kids life away on a rather ambiguous Farm Safety Day release form
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
- Walk the bike trail in Dike every day
- Keep my mouth shut
- Finish Don's pole barn
- Finish our house
- Take a sunny vacation with Don
- Take a vacation as a family
- Not double spend (sometimes triple)
- Let people know how much they mean to me in THEIR love language
8 Shows I "Watch on TV"
- The Office
- The Biggest Loser
- 30 Rock