Friday, October 10, 2008

Strength and Encouragement

I spent all morning yesterday on the couch with a wicked headache. It is hard to rest when there is so much to do, but it was needed. As I tried to ralley and prep for supper and spending the evening working on the house, God brought me to His word and strengthened me with:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 MSG
So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.
I also dug out my Selah: Hiding Place CD. Every song on it is a blessing, and I find it lifts my gaze to God when I don't feel I have the strength to look up on my own.
An added bonus was a friends post on "This is the day the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" It seems like an "old hat" concept, but it is truly foundational and crucial to remember EVERY day!

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I had lost my hiding place cd for a couple of months and was so sad about it. I was about ready to buy another, then found on a day I really needed it. It is really really encoruaging!
I love how God uses so many things in our lives to encourage and lift us back up when we are ready to quit. So glad you found that comfort!

Rachel said...

You won part two of my costume guessing contest! Faith is going to be the Princess and the Pea! Good guessing! Could you e-mail me with your address so I can send your package tomorrow? fiveofgreen@comcast.net :)