Sunday, October 5, 2008

Family Work Day

On this "Day of Rest" we as a family got some things done that will help me rest A LOT easier tonight. All this between services with our dear church family of course!

Don's former tool trailer is now parked in front of the house for me to load as I get things packed. Don washed it and the Camry and mini van. The girls helped by loading the assortment of "stuff" that has accumulated in the van. We spend a lot of time driving back and forth, but there isn't much time to drag the stuff we need for each trip back into the house. This has worked pretty well for me, with the exception of the time Don left with the van and my purse was in it. I was planning to put fuel in the Suburban while he was gone, but.....

Here is Jesse getting coached on using the power washer. He LOVED it, but was quick to tell me he can only do it with dad's help.


Though Jesse and Don are the only ones featured in pictures, we were all working together. Funny thing how the kids tend to slink off and play VERY nicely together when I am obviously delegating jobs.

The below picture is evidence of the rest of us at work. I have been meaning for some time now to sort thru the seasonal clothes, but with the whole upstairs covered in clothing and my not getting much time upstairs, I just never got to it.

Today I told each child to bring down their dresser drawers and the boys brought down the dresser frames. The dressers are now loaded in the trailer, I have sorted thru the seasonals and each child has a Rubbermaid tub to house their clothes for the next month. They never put them away anyway! Oh, I am keeping them down here too so I can verify that the clothes are put away.

2 comments:

12-arrows said...

way to go....its got to feel so good to get yourself organized and get alot accomplished. Isn't it fun to have the whole family working alongside each other to accomplish a goal! Awesome! I am so excited for you! I know there is alot of work involved but try not to let it drag you down, in a few months it will all be worth it and your kids will appreciate it even more because they were a big part of it too! Thanks for your precious words on my blog, you touched my heart! I wish I could just give you a great big hug!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Good job with getting some organization into the chaos. :) I'm working on that myself, on a much smaller scale.
Love you guys!