Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Touchy Nose...and Skin

My facial skin has been a MESS for the past 5 years. Granted things have been rather stressful/ unsettled most of that time as well, but that is really no comfort.

I used to sell MK. I liked it until tax time, too much paperwork. And I discontinued using it after they reformulated the Timewise. It didn't seem to do well with my face.

Since that time I've tried 2 different strains of Arbonne, (I am not entirely sure I spelt that correctly) Clinique, and now the new cure all... Proactive.

I've heard good things about Proactive from various friends, and of course the adds and fliers are everywhere. So far so good, BUT.... that stuff stinks!!!!!!! I am hyper sensitive to smells, thanks Dad. I used to be able to tell what store an item was purchased from just by sniffing it. My friends thought that was highly amusing.

I am still sensitive to smells. Any lingering smoke smell gives me a headache, pronto. I love candles, but they too can turn against me.

The funny thing is, I REALLY like the smell of men's cologne, who cares about the headache! Sadly my hubs is with me on the sensitive nose thing, and pretty much just smells like Dial. Oh, well, my boys like to "stink it up" with the cologne.

This face wash better work wonders though or it's gone!!!! I use it 2x a day and all three steps smell like some ages old, fermented Avon perfume you'd find in an estate sale. I think the stinky part is what makes it work, but seriously I may rather just pay out the nose (no pun intended, but I did catch it) for something that doesn't work, but smells nice.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Have you tried CO Bigelow (spelling...?)? It's from Bath and Body Works and works well with my skin and has almost no smell (I think...).

Brooke said...

a world without candles? no thanks! ;)

have you tried jafra products? i've never had a problem with breakouts - but about 4 years ago i started getting them around my chin area (around the same time i started dating the man I now call "Satan") jafra zit cream (i'm sure it has a technical name, i just don't remember it) was the only thing that kept it under control.

once the guy dumped me, the zits went away. i'm quite certain they were just a curse from God.

Pegsy said...

You are so funny! I'm pretty sensitive to smells too. I like fruity scents - they don't give me the headache. You need to try BeautiControl. I've sold it for a couple of years, but my suggestion is no benfit to me. (You can't order from me because I'm a Canadian consultant and you're in the States. They don't allow cross-border sales.) They have wonderful products for the face. It sounds like the Sensitive Skin line would be best for you. None of their facial care products have scents. And I don't know how old you are, but very frequently, women start to have skin issues around 30 again. Not quite as bad as teenagehood, but definitely a change in what you may have been used to. Hope you can figure something out!