Thursday, March 26, 2009

We Get That A Lot

We have a problem. More aptly, our neighbors have a problem, and we are it!

Here in the past couple of weeks I have needed to order a few things and have them shipped to our house.

Problem #1:
We share a driveway. There are 2 houses on our "lane".
Problem #2:
For some odd reason our address sign, placed by the police department, sits to the east of our neighbors, but our house is West of them.
Problem #3:
Our place looks very much "under construction".
So, when an unsuspecting father comes to pick up his kiddo, to who's house does he go? Not ours, our neighbor's. When UPS and FedEx have a package to deliver they don't even stop to consider the house with the scaffolding set up for installing soffit, they keep on trucking up to our neighbors. Can't they see my cute rug on the porch?!!!! It doesn't help that I usually don't hear if anyone is knocking on the front door.
Even the delivery guys for our new bed called to see if I was home.....from up at our neighbors.
Thankfully, by the end of next week our house will look much more like a home from the outside. I can't wait!!

In relation to the lost dad, my neighbor said tonight, "He said it didn't look like anyone lived there. We get that a lot."
P.S. Thankfully our neighbors are super. I can't wait until we aren't constanly working on our place and can hang out with them!>

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

This made me smile :) Good news: I have my van back. Bad news: Jake is still running a fever, so I'll have to reschedule coffee tomorrow.

Unknown said...

hi that is funny he told me about it dont worry he went to sarah 1st and no one in , hank for today u saved me

Brooke said...

what a blessing to have neighbors that you can count on (and don't get annoyed!)