Monday, November 3, 2008

T-14 Days, For Now

I am sure there are those out there who get annoyed with our lives being so fluid right now, but honestly, it's the best way to be with so many demands and changes popping up unexpectedly.

Don and I were actually able to communicate Friday morning. With his parents here our lives kind of ran on parallel tracks for 12 days. No complaints! It was super and a huge relief to both of us to be getting so much accomplished.

I digress, We talked Friday morning and decided our "official move" would be best postponed until after our trip to the Family Life "Weekend to Remember" November 14th -16th.

My sister and a college friend are going to be keeping track of our gang while we are gone. While things would be moved by that time. There would be very little settled. We'll hang tight a little longer.

This is not to say that each day find a new level of "moving" accomplished. Today I finally buttoned up some packing in our rental living room, and I also re assembled our refrigerator at the property and set up a microwave out there as well. It is so much handier to have food storage and warming capabilities!! I just wish I had thought to buy more milk to store out there. I can never buy more than 2 gallons at a time, and with the local grocery store closed, AND with our consuming almost 1 gallon per day....

Saturday I was planning to paint siding. It has been unseasonably warm here and we are grateful!! It ended up that there were so many other things pressing to be done. I was disappointed, but we did get Don's shop floor found! It had so much scrap lumber laying around you could hardly walk thru.

Homer, Jon and I moved most of it to the top of Don's shop. (A.K.A. The He Man Woman Haters Club) This name is due only for it's resemblance to the scrapped together fort on "The Little Rascals".

God blessed our hearts this weekend with lots of help physically and also thru worship with our church family.

My dad, Marc and Aaron helped Saturday, as well as a Rob Swailes from church. My friends Trisha and Michelle each helped with kids. I get so much more done when I do not have to settle petty squabbles! My mom had Jon Friday night. That helped and made his day!

We are blessed. We are settled. We are waiting. Funny, that was pastors messages Sunday morning and evening.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Thank you. Thank you so much for your prayers for my husband. I can't express how blessed Rich and I feel to be so covered with prayer!
Also, thanks for being so dedicated to support and pray for my sister and Stellan...that is a true miracle right there!
So thank you, for your prayers and support.
Blessings,
Hilary