Monday, November 10, 2008

Contained

Those who know me best, know well that my house is never exactly "clean". At most, after hours of sorting, cleaning, and picking up, my house is contained.

This is the case today and I am glad. We haven't even been able to boast containment for quite some time. Even better is the fact that I can say BOTH houses are "contained".

I have a new friend who has NO junk drawers in her house. "Sigh" It must be nice! EVERY drawer in my house is a junk drawer!

Don't get me wrong, I do try to keep up with the germ removal type cleaning. I'm just not one to make a place for everything. Well... I may be that person, I'm just NOT the person to actually GET it to it's place.

After literally weeks of sorting and packing most of the house is ready for our move, and I am actually able to see floors, tables, counter tops and the like.

The small "island" in our kitchen/dining room is another story all together. I HATE PAPER!!! This his where every thing lands: keys, school papers, receipts, bills, Kleenex, articles I am sure I will have time to read later.

I think I am going to need another day of cleaning just for filing papers!

There is the basement to pack and clean too.... I shudder at the thought.....Pray for the rapture!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Buy a ScanSnap scanner. Connect it to your computer. Scan paper and then throw it out. I've eliminated three file draws to date.

Sarah M. said...

Wow! I LOVE that idea! It's also been suggested to me that I should try vertical rather than horizontal files. When we get my laundry room done I am going to try the vertical files. I think I'll try the Scan Snap sooner!

12-arrows said...

Sarah you made me totally laugh! I applaud you for all you are doing and have done. Seriously I would have been in a straight-jacket by now! LOL and love the tip about the scanner. I am going to check into that! Great idea. My files are organized but I would love to get rid of them all together! Less clutter! LOL