Thursday, November 6, 2008

Opps! I Did It Again!

It seems the time has come, once again, to inventory and clean out my purse. 10 pounds seems a bit much to be lugging around for all the various errands I do these days.

This uneven weight lifting routine is so not good for my neck and shoulders! In fact last winter I bought a cute, small, red purse hoping it would help with my trend to carry around a purse weighing as much as one of my babies!


No deal. I ended up carrying both, at least as far as the car, but then I would end up lacking something (i.e. Coupons) I needed from "The BIG purse".

I would note that while I was thrilled to not need to carry a diaper bag after 6+ years, I had grown quite accustomed to having the extra space. (Generally my purse was just tucked inside the diaper bag) So, with the advent of highly fashionable, and quite bulky purses/ totes, what ever you want to call them, I just ended up just transitioning into a nicer looking, possibly larger, bag.

Even before my life took on the varied responsibilities of shopping for our building project, I found unusual things being carried in my "black abyss". I must confess: One time I even LOST a library book in this bag!


In the spirit of a true blogger, I have photographed and will share with you the contents of my fat friend, who has by the way held up quite well under the abuse! (now that all the stuff is out of my purse it looks like a post 5th pregnancy belly. Not that I know what that looks like...) This picture is AFTER I threw away all the garbage.

  • Bible
  • Wallet
  • Apple
  • Notebook/ shopping list
  • List from Electrician (A.K.A. Don's boss)
  • Money!!! I do have some!!! Do you see it?!!
  • Receipts.... that I have to save for reimbursement...I hate paper!!!
  • I guess there is a little garbage. There were 3 York Peppermint Patty wrappers
  • Anybody want to take a stab at the rest of the contents?

I'd really better get going. My mom has Jesse so I can get a bunch of packing done. I'll show you pictures later.

P.S. I thought I'd better check on the song before I used it's title for my own, so I went to YouTube to check on "Little Miss Mickey Mouse". (Britney Spears) The song was pretty stupid and her voice was grating. I guess we all know that wasn't really her appeal, but even though a line in the song states, "I'm really not that innocent", I was stunned to see what the past 10 years has done to her. There was such a freshness to her, though she was trying so desperately to be "bad". I pray for our "stars". Their lives are not their own, and we think they have it all, but in reality "His All" is hard for them to find in all the trappings.

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

It's my never-ending dilemma: Big purse = big mess :) But everytime I way my options, I decide it's totally worth it :)

Happy packing my friend!

12-arrows said...

You totally crack me up! I used to carry a teeny-tiny purse but in the past year have gone to a large one and I LOVE IT! I don't know what I was thinking all those years.....I have a cute Vera Bradley bag with lots of pockets in and out and everything stays organized. I can even carry a sippy-cup, diaper, wipes, coupon organizer, everything and I love it! Would never go back to a small one again. But I do have to tell you that as anal as I am with my car and it being kept clean I am that same way with my purse. Call me crazy, ridiculous, but thats ME!