Thursday, May 8, 2008

These Little Piggies


I was trying to come up with a cute poem of this blog, but I don't have the time or the energy it would take me to be THAT witty!

The facts are these....Jesse, our youngest, who is 4, was running thru the living room barefoot Tuesday afternoon and tripped over my "boot". (the boot is the air cast I have for MY broken metatarsal)

Jesse hit the floor screaming, crying and holding his left foot. I could tell by the intensity and duration of the cry this was no stubbed toe.

Long story short, Jesse has 1 maybe 2 hairline cracks in for sure 1 maybe 2 of the metatarsals on his left foot!

(Do you have any idea how bad a mom feels when she was directly involved in things like this?!!!! Don't get me wrong, I didn't trip him! I was just stetting on the couch visiting with a friend, and he was coming to show me something)

I called the Dr right away, but he said to come in in the morning. Jesse had cried himself to sleep on my lap.

The funny thing is, the break isn't very bad, and both myself and the doctor were concerned if we casted Jesse it would actually cause him to be unsteady and possibly be more harm than good. We are just to keep his foot as flat as possible, and we will check back next week to make sure the break isn't getting any worse.

Jesse hasn't been in pain much since the first night, but he is quickly becoming a little tyrant! I love him to death, and I feel badly for him, but I'm not into the "How high" response when he says "JUMP!"

Just a note before I post this: My mom just called and ask if it would be helpful for her to keep Jesse until I am over there tomorrow night for the mother/ daughter banquet. My response- TREMENDOUSLY!!

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Poor Jesse & you!!! :)

That pic is absolutley adorable!

YAY! for your mom!

"How High" Crack me up :)

...when it rains, it pours :)

Love you friend.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I can imagine how wonderful your mom's offer maust have been for you! Thank God for mommy's! :)
Love you lots!