Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chaos!

It's official! I have started packing for our impending move.

Our house was in total chaos from the past couple of weeks. I have been gone more than normal, and my house doesn't clean itself.

I recently saw a sign I wanted to buy. It read, "I cannot save the world and keep a clean house at the same time!" I thought it very applicable to my life.

So, today I was finally home ALL DAY. Some of the mess I needed to tend to was a result of seasonal clothes. Myself and the kids have been diving into the summer clothes to find shorts and things, but I needed to officially go thru them to find out just how prepared they were for summer. Of course getting out summer clothes meant putting away winter clothes, and making piles of the things Jesse and Delphia had grown out of. (yes, I am going to just go by their given names. I can barely keep them straight as is is!)

As I was putting away the winter clothes I thought, "I am not going to need these until after we move. (I hope!) I need to set them aside so they can be moved to the new house as soon as the basement floor is in! I need to create a staging area. I know, I'll move the bunk bed back into the boys room and turn Homer's room into the staging area!"

Thus, what began as cleaning, turned into upheaval, as you can see in the pictures below.
Living Room

Homer's Hole

Boy's Room


Any time I move beds I am in for tons of surprises! Thankfully I found Jesse's belt behind Jon's bed. It is the only one we have that fits him and with his tiny waist he NEEDS it!

Homer's bed is another story entirely! He fritters away more useless garbage than you can imagine! Add to that some use full items I have been looking for, and clothes that needed to be in the laundry..... It was a good thing he was at school!

Now, as bed time nears, I am exhausted, yet happy. I was able to find the floor in Homer's room and started NEATLY stacking things I have packed and ready to go to the new house. I have clean sheets to put on the beds in the boys room, and you can now walk in the hall way and our room. My kitchen is clean(er), but my living room will have to wait. I am going to the park with my kids and a friend tomorrow.

(Yes, I know I have TONS to catch up on as far as this past week is concerned. The graduation, roofing, the kids cross country race at school... I even contemplated blogging about the DELICIOUS pancake with strawberries and whip cream I had for breakfast/lunch! It was too good!)

For now I will leave you with this pic of my two "helpers", Jesse and Delphia. They were in their pajamas all day!

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Love the pictures :) Isn't it fun to make PROGRESS! And even better that you can move some of it to the NEW HOUSE! It's sometimes hard for me to believe it's finally happening, how much MORE you must feel like that :)

"staging area" WAY good idea...a must!

Enjoy the park, my friend :)

PS - Can't wait for you to live in tiny town and go to tiny church :)