Friday, May 16, 2008

Framing Day ?



Things have been HOPPING around here! Today was the final day for our "hired help". BOY! are we glad we hired them! It goes so much faster when you have 4-5 guys working on it 10 hours a day. Having the proper equipment sure helps too. They ended up bringing in a crane to set the beam over the living room and back porch.

Tomorrow we have some friends helping put the shingles on. The windows are ready and waiting for us to give the go ahead on delivery. I still need to order doors.


Tomorrow we also have an open house to go to for my "Baby Sister". I prayed for years for a sister and finally got one when I was 12. I ended up with a double blessing when I got another sister 5 years later.

Anyway, here is my sister B. Take note of the pink sweatshirt. She NEVER wears pink! I had to photo document! We really couldn't be more different! Her fussing and complaining to mom about my doing her hair, was just a foreshadowing of her disdain for "primping".

B loves to hunt and "field dresses" on her own. (If you don't know, trust me, you don't want to!) I cried all the way thru having to package the deer burger when I was a teen, and I didn't even have to touch it!

B was there when I got engaged, and cried because I was crying. She came out to Michigan after I was married and stayed for weeks at a time. She has always been too good to me! She even cleans my refrigerator!

B will spend her summer working as a cook at camp, then the plan is off to Bible College for a year and a half. She plans to get a Missionary/ Nursing degree. She has already taken quite a few classes at the local community college and has her CNA.

B graduating convinces me even more "time flies". I noticed the other day our youngest is tall enough to spit in the sink. It really hit me! I cried.

I am sure I will cry tomorrow, or at least Sunday during graduation. I can't believe how amazing my sister is! I am so proud of her!
(In my defense, I did potty train her, teach her to read, and spent countless hours fussing over her, so I have the right to sound like a mom!)

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You totally have the right to sound like a mom :) I do the same thing with my little bro.

Bring on the shingles...