Friday, May 23, 2008

Am I Being Too Annal?

Okay, quick vocabulary lesson.

Rhetorical question: Things people ask, but don't really want an answer too!
Here's the deal. A friend started a home business. She handed me a thick catalog. I instantly fell in love with THE MOST expensive decorative item. It would perfectly compliment my new kitchen, and the Fiesta Ware I was planning to decorate with. I even had a special shelf under a window by the sink it would be right at home on.

I tried to rationalize the purchase, but even the $20 gift card didn't cut it. But the vase still beckoned me from the now closed catalog.

I told my hubby. (I wanted to bring him in on this so that if the vase did indeed show up at our house, he would know it didn't belong.) He recruited our kids to pitch in and buy it for me for Mothers Day! How perfect!! No guilt, tons of love!

Vase was back ordered. Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting to order. In stock! SOLD!!

It arrived today and I...... Kind of love it, BUT.... One of the things I liked best about the vase was the slender lines of color all coming together, and the cheery statement of the sunny yellow.

As you can see the vase came sans cheery yellow stripes and with slightly bolder lines. It was then I noted the below statement in the vase description:


As each piece is hand-made, slight differences from pictured item are possible.


So, here's my dilemma, is trying to obtain the cheery yellow worth all the time it will take on the phone to get it?!!


I still like the vase, but I want to have NO regrets on this one!




2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Love it!! Big decisions. The vase is still very cute...but you'll probably ALWAYS think of the missing yellow stripes when you look at it :) Your call. There...I am SO much help.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I LOVE the yellow in the picture! I think it's worth it... :)But ofcourse it's your time and trouble. :) How sweet of Don!