Monday, April 6, 2009

Pandora's Box

It seems since the less than mild weather last spring all new houses are coming equipped with a storm cellar.

Ours was in the plans way before the tornadoes and subsequent warnings last year. It's primary purpose is to be a cold cellar where we can store canned goods and such.

For now it is literally filled to the brim with various things we need stored.... including our spring clothes.

So, since we cannot afford to buy all new wardrobes, I needed to unload that monster. (oh, and there has already been one small tornado in Iowa, so Don mentioned the fact that it would be handy to actually fit us all in there in the event of extreme weather... that's a thought)

Anyway, all the excuses I had for putting of this chore had run out yesterday afternoon. I had to crowd the dining room table into the living room so I could use the "dining room" for a staging area.

It's a mess! We seriously had 2 single box springs and 3 mattresses, plus 3 single bed frames in there!!! McCallum Mattress Factory... can I help you!

Of course the kids were intrigued with all the "treasures" unearthed in the process. I am still needing to sort thru the clothes, but at least the job is started. We got snow yesterday so the spring clothes can wait a bit.

My kids had a really hard time suiting back up in snow gear this AM. I had a hard time finding snow gear!!

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

We couldn't find gloves that weren't wet from yesterday :) Good luck with "the process"!

Penny said...

I love the new pic on the side! You are so beautiful!!

Brooke said...

on the bright side - if its cold yall can keep warm by layering all those summer clothes.