Thursday, April 23, 2009

Overload

I woke up this morning feeling tired. Physically, mentally and emotionally. Not sure why.

I painted the dining room/ kitchen yesterday!! I am so excited that my kitchen is just around the corner. I can't wait for a kitchen sink!!

I am usually pretty clueless as to what is happening in the news, but due to catching bits and pieces of talk radio, Internet news, and conversations, I have been quite concerned lately with the tenor of our nation.

Don't get me wrong, I have been concerned and praying for quite some time, it's just that some things lately have been SCARY!!!

The obvious media distortion surrounding the TEA parties, the action to rescind the "Conscience Clause", over the counter Plan B for girls under 18, trying to make the HPV shot mandatory for 8 year old girls, homosexual "marriage" okayed here in Iowa, and hate crimes legislation are just the tip of the iceberg.

I struggle with balancing when to act and when to "Just Pray". All the guilt and fear about political issues combined with my less than perky disposition had me feeling very overloaded.

Most times when I feel like this I simply hide in a book or a movie to cease all thought. Add to the mix emotional eating and you have a very unhealthy response.

I really wanted to hide this morning just to escape feeling the way I did, BUT I took it to the cross. I knew I needed the encouragement of God's word to stay my heart. At first I planned to just tune into our radio to hear the messages presented there. There are just times I need the truth presented.

Instead God laid on my heart to jump back into my Bible study material. A study on Faithfulness, His faithfulness and my response to it.

God was so lavish, and met exactly the need I had, funny how that works! I don't know why I even think He could do anything less.

Our study on Faithfulness took us to Hebrews 11, go figure. I had not read far when the name Noah popped out to me. Noah lived in such a sinful time he and his family were the only ones willing to follow God's way.

It has been worse before. There is no new thing under the sun. God was at work during that sordid time.

Next up came Enoch. Quite simply, he pleased God. God made each of us for His pleasure, I am to please Him.

Two things I needed to hear:
  • God will call me when He has a course of action He wants me to take politically or otherwise. Guilt and fear are not His tactics.
  • EACH thing I do I need to do to please Him

I know it may not be profoundly deep to anyone else, but it was for me and it was exactly what I needed. That and the 1/2 hour nap afterward.

I am off to vacuum up the layer of drywall dust upstairs and to paint my laundry room!! (Green)

Pictures will be forthcoming. They just happen to be one of the many things I am behind on. Posting them, catching up on a week of blogs, (all 9 I like to keep track of) Facebook, laundry...

P.S.
The wind keeps making one of our vent flaps make noise and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Loved hearing how God met you where you're at...He's speaking to me through them too :)

Brooke said...

everything we do is for him...even if its heating Mr. Rights dinner when he's being a jerk. I just had to keep telling myself last night that I was heating the dinner for Jesus!

Sara@iSass said...

Sarah, great post.
I get burnt out with all that is going on in the world too.
I get fired up when I here about the lies and distortions that our government wants us to believe.
I get broken-hearted to here sin is excepted as a "civil right"
But just like you I take it to the cross and listen only to HIM. That gives me peace.
I can't wait to see pictures.
I agree about the wind...the only thing I want to hear is my ringing wind chimes. I hate the branches scratching on the roof, drives me nuts!

Penny said...

How so very true!

I've always listened to politics but never took a stand until about two weeks ago...It's like God said, "Okay, that wasn't your time, but it is NOW." It's so exhilarating; there's no other word to describe it. My fear that I once had has been taken away by Him -- and replaced with utmost trust and faith. =D You are so correct! It's been worse before, but God was there, and He is here now!