Saturday, June 14, 2008

Which Way Should I Go!

Currently I am sitting in Michigan, watching The Princess Bride, and trying to plan my route back to Iowa.

We, Marlene, Jon, Delphia, Jesse and I, headed out here Thursday morning. Mainly we are out here for a graduation open house, but we have also fit in quick trips to visit family, and we plan to visit our church family in Marne for the morning service tomorrow.

I have been up rather late each night, but it sure has been nice to not worry about tornadoes!!

I have been making the trip to and from Iowa to Michigan for almost 10 years now, the route is pretty much a now brainer, BUT with all the water I had to find an alternative. I'll survive. For awhile I thought I80 was closed over the Mississippi, THAT would have made things MUCH more complicated!! I was VERY relieved to find out I could travel the "normal route" at least until I am in Iowa.

Homer is home getting ready for Jr. Boys camp and taking care of Don. Yesterday he took some food out of the microwave Don had been warming and took it to him at the table. Don was surprised, but told him thanks. Homers reply; "I figured I'd take care of you since mom isn't here." Too cute!

As far as the windows go, Don and Marc were able to get all the windows and one of the patio doors in Tuesday night.

I have been so glad to be out here in MI again, and see every one. But I ache to be home again in Don's arms. With him so busy getting the house ready, we haven't seen much of each other much lately. My mom is planning to have the kids at her house Mon-Wed. I am soooo excited. Our time will be spent at the house, but at least we will be able to BOTH be there!

I'm a tad tired and rambling. Good night!

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Drive safely! Miss you, friend :)