Friday, June 20, 2008

A Few Firsts

I have a few "firsts" of summer to share:

First sunburn

My first sunburn came in the form of a small "smile shaped" area just above my waist in the small of my back. I greased myself down with sunscreen before I picked berries for 2 1/2 hours Tuesday, but I failed to realize my tank top hiked up a bit. It still smarts when I my clothes rub on it. Don thinks it's great fun to hear me squeak when he sprays the aloe gel on it :-)

First swim

Last night I took the kids to the pool for the first time this summer. I had to pick strawberries, AGAIN, but promised the kids we'd go after I got done. We were there from 8-8:30pm.
We went again to day from 1-4pm. It was great to be in the water. Jesse and Lexi, our future neighbor, kept me busy at the end of the water slide.
The pool didn't open until last Friday (13th), but that is a whole nother story in itself! You would think people would be used to June coming after May and have the pool prep done!


First tooth lost

Tonight at supper Jon complained his loose tooth hurt when he ate. We've been so busy the past week, and they were gone for 3 days, so I hadn't checked it in a while. It was barely hanging on. Jon complained about the hole where his tooth used to be. He wanted me to tape it!



2nd tooth lost

A sum total of 15" later we were checking his other front tooth and it too came out!



First Strawberry Pie!

It took forever to get the berries, but I finally had time to put together a fresh strawberry pie. The recipe is compliments of my MIL. It's been a favorite for some time! Delphia was a big help! She did all the stirring, which takes upwards of 20". Gotta love the swim skirt over the PJ shorts!


Night home with Dad

Tonight for the first time in awhile, the kids were able to have supper with and hang out with their dad. It was nice to have him home relaxing with us! We are headed to bed soon. We hope to get a decent nights sleep so we can get rested up a bit for all we hope to get done tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Fun!

Hope you get lot's accomplished today :)