Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stuck

EVERY TIME!!!! Every time I enter the title to a blog, I hit "ENTER" to drop down to the "body" of the blog. Many of you may already know what I am trying to pound into my bloggin' brain, hitting enter publishes the post, or more accurately in my case, the lack of a post.
So to all who get e-mail alerts when someone publishes a new post, but find nothing new when you check my blog, sorry!

Before I errantly hit the "Enter" key I was pondering a rather morose train of thought. I feel stuck.

No, I am not about to go off the deep end. My marriage is great and I have NO desire out of that. It's just..... I am tired of doing the same things over and over again, even if they are the right things to do.

We recently listened to a missionary Dr. give a presentation on his ministry. He spoke about all the kid he treats in.... I don't remember where, with worms. The classic symptoms are being listless, CHECK, bloated stomach, CHECK, lack of appetite, not so much. Rats, I guess I can't blame worms, I'll go for PMS!

There are a number of factors adding up to make me feel cagey. (FYI: Cagey is my term for feeling in a cage and wanting out. I am not sure how grammatically correct it is, but it's mine)

Back to my factors. Our house is coming along nicely, but the more we accomplish the more I ache to actually LIVE there!

Any time things are being accomplished at our property, Don is there. When Don is there he is not here. Again, I am thrilled and very willing to sacrifice in order to finish the house, but he remains my best bud, and we don't get to talk much for now.

Yes, I know I can work with him, and I do when I can, but that often falls squarely into the "Doing the right thing" category. My desire is to be with him, but many times I benefit him most by accomplishing other tasks here at home, both his and mine.

Which leads me to where we live now: There is STILL water in the basement. The water has been there since February. Actually, there is wall to wall water today due to the replacement of the water holding tank. There are actually 2 of them in the system. Both had to be drained to replace the one that supposedly had the problem. Result: BUNCHES OF WATER!

Also, I ALWAYS have cleaning and laundry to do. There's always that...

I am trying to ease back into exercise, but I am a far cry from 1/2 hour 5-6 days a week.

I am trying (again)to effect a change on my weight, but after 10 days, my weight is the same. Now I just feel hungry and tired all the time.

My allergies are worse than they have ever been. I am having to take a daily prescription on top of my allergy shot every 3 months.

Due to allergies, I am assuming, my eyes feel terrible and I haven't been able to comfortably wear my contacts for almost a month now. I am "stuck" in glasses.

Forgive my moping. Thanks for lending an "ear". Like I said, I know the right things to do, I am just busy right now fighting caving into out and out selfishness.
I want my way, NOW! You know, stuff like that!

Well, off to prayer meeting! At least I get to sit my my boyfriend!

God bless you all for your patience! I knew you would understand!

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I always think of you after several days of being a "single mom" due to Dave's many church responsibilities, meetings etc. I get SO worn out. Then I think of my dear friend who has had no reprieve for months... :)
I'm sure 'cagey' is putting it lightly some days. :) Hang in there!
Love you lots!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I get it :)

Check out my (real life) friend, Melanie's blog today. It's a great post, I think you'll enjoy it. www.lightunderstanding.blogspot.com

She's on my blog roll as Light Understanding.

You're beautiful...no matter how you FEEL, it doesn't change WHO you are :)