Saturday, April 19, 2008

Today

Since starting my blog, yesterday, my mind has been swirling with ideas for things to write about. I have plenty of ideas, but for today, I can only cover today.
In case you hadn't already caught on, I am vertically challenged. Thankfully, what I lack vertically has been balanced by being "blessed" horizontally!
I've hated anything even remotely athletic for the better part of my 30 years, but ALAS! I made friends with an exercise diva and was introduced to TaeBo by another friend a couple of years ago. Since that time I have made working out a habit. I would love to tell you I am drastically slimmer, but the extent of my boasting is that I have not added and pounds in the past couple of years.
Back to today.... I have come to enjoy my times of exercise, especially with friends, and the endorphins it releases.
BUT, I broke my foot last Sunday night and am now a rebellious couch potato. At first my foot hurt too much to be up and around. Now it feels fine, and I have to keep telling myself, "BEHAVE!"
I may not have lost weight over the past couple of years, but I have enjoyed feeling better, stronger and less lumpy. The thought of sitting back and watching it all systematically unravel is hard for me to deal with. Coupled with that, I think my pain meds are making me moody, so I have switched to Tylenol only.
Did I mention we are in the throes of building a house and now I am pretty much NO help with that either!!!!
On a cheerier note, my wonderful husband has been very patient in dealing with my crying for hours. (the hours he needs to be sleeping) And he has also headed up delegating chores to the kids. The house just may be cleaner than when I am well!! The kids have also been making me cute notes and cards.
I am just glad to be finally feeling human again! (you know, vs. a zombie)

3 comments:

Doubledee49441 said...

Even though you cannot boast about being drastically slimmer, not gaining is a good place to be. This is Doyle and I think you might recall that I am not large or small, but I have managed to stay in a certain range for most of my life. When I do gain, it makes me feel stuffed making it difficult to bend over to tie my shoes.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Hang in there little lady...it'll all come together before you know it :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hi friend! I have certainly admired your determination when it comes to being active! I know this is a difficult season, as the pause button has been hit on such things for now. I'm praying for you!