Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pros and Cons

THINGS THAT WILL CHANGE (even if it seems like it will never happen)
~Weather
~Mud
~Rain
~Broken foot
~Rental house with water in the basement making the whole house smell like a dirty rest area
~Hubby's lost cell phone (I hope that changes and soon!)
~Stuck tractor
~Clothes everywhere
~More dirty dishes
~6 year old's VERY naughty mouth
~4&5 year old squabbling
~Forgetfulness due to chaos (this one may just get worse!)
~Gas prices (this too may only get worse!)
~Ants in my kitchen
~Wet beds

THINGS THAT WILL CHANGE (that I want to stay the same)
~8 year old's desire to be helpful
~Being adored by my kids
~Spring bulbs blooming
~My grandparents being close by for talks, coffee, and godly counsel
~Spirit of unity with fellow believers
~Craving fruit instead of chocolate
~Crisp and clean new sunny yellow jacket
~Updated hair cuts for the kids
~Everybody tucked in and sleeping securely under the same roof
~Being the 2nd tallest in our immediate family. I am sure to be the shortest by the time the kids are grown. I am the oldest of 8 kids and the only sibling shorter than me is pretty close to my height and 10 years old!
~Kids who still want to be close and sit in my lap

THINGS THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE ( and boy am I glad!)
~God's love
~Don's love
~My eternal security
~The fact that I have 5 children, whether they claim me or not
~Music
~Great REAL friends
~John 16:33(Msg.)
"In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

***The rain has stopped and the sun is TRYING to break thru***
Hallelujah!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Great Post & YAY for yellow jackets!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Maybe we could start the 'T'd off at ants in our kitchen' support group... :) My kitchen began to get over run by them a few days ago. It made me feel like every thing was so dirty! ARGG. We are finally getting them taken care of by ant traps and insect spray.
It's always nice to stop and consider that the negative things will not last forever and focus on the great 'unchangables' as well. Thanks for the reminders!
Love ya lots!