Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mission Impossible

Today I HAVE to clean. My mother sweetly obliged me in keeping the two little ones for a couple of days, so I have no excuses

I have found things tend to "explode" in the time leading up to and following a trip. Even those who didn't go with us to visit family at the beginning of the month had to be packed up to stay in their respective "Home away from home" assignments.

I have learned over the years when I am planning to pack, I must first have every article of clothing in the house laundered so that I am not stymied in what I want to pack. Some how it becomes more about laundry and less about packing. SO... 15" after I was supposed to leave, I am throwing clothes into bags and then into the trunk.

Imagine my surprise when I arrive home from said trip to find the house in ABSOLUTE CHAOS and mounds of unfolded laundry covering every available surface!

I have tried to be better prepared, and I have been doing some better, but I am a "PROCRASTINATOR" and I have a hard time getting things done with out, "Your already late!" running thru my head!

This said, our house was suffering from the above mentioned trip and thus a packing spree. (I usually pack too much due to not thinking clearly and just throwing in whatever is handy. ) Therefore upon our arrival home, the heaps of laundry were joined by heaps of luggage filled with dirty laundry.

We arrived home on Tuesday PM, which was followed by a chaotic week. (you know, with us house building and all) Sunday night I went for a walk /run to get out of the messy house, broke my foot, thus halting my cleaning for at least a week.

By the second week I was up making meals, but keeping the kitchen cleaned up was a full time job! I tended to hide in the kitchen so that I didn't have to encounter the pit the rest of my house had become.

Yesterday the DR. told me I have only 2 more weeks in the air cast, rather than 4-6. I am getting a lot more done, and generally keeping up with the main level of the house. Until today our room with its mile high piles of laundry, and the "bar" in the kitchen with assorted papers needing to be filled were my biggest challenges.

The laundry is conquered! My bed is made! The floor is visible! Now on to the filing!

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

YAY! only 2 more weeks?!? Miracle. See ya tonigh ;)