Friday, April 25, 2008

Police, Propane, and Protest

The above title was originally the title for my previous post, but I waxed so eloquent on the "Police" part, I felt it needed it's own post.


A side note to the Academy Graduation: I enjoyed the inclusion of the songs "Bad Boys" and the theme from Rocky during the clips of their training.


On to the other notable happenings today:

First off an update: we did find Don's phone!!!! It had been rained on, but it's still working!


Propane: I was gone all day. (8am to 5pm) Don called around 4:30 to inquire if I had intentionally left a propane burner on our stove on with out a flame. Since I do not have a death wish for myself or my family, I assured him it was an accident. The house smelled TERRIBLE.


Protest: (a.k.a. Fit Throwing) One of my bestest friends runs a day care out of her home. I swear she is a saint!! I hung out today for a while to help and let her get a couple hours of quiet. Things went well, but I am defiantly not cut out for being a part time parent. There are too many variables between how I do parenting and the parenting, or lack there of, of others. I am not mellow enough to let a 2 year old run, or even think they run my life!


Blessings on your head Shannon friend! I am excited you will be done with day care next fall!! The protests of your day care families just proves how valuable you are to them!

No comments: