Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

It is the end of another day that "I saw going differently in my head".

Nothing disastrous mind you, but I find here as of late I hold SO loosely to my own expectations that sometimes I don't care enough. Kinda a coping mechanism in a life that is rather "fluid" to say the least.

Thankfully we had set aside last night as our cozy family time. Don worked overtime this week, to help settle some of the overwhelming load he is dealing with at work. We all CRASHED big time last night. It was so nice to relax and be together!

Today, we had planned to get 2 walls build down here and install the stairs. Also, we called our "by the hour" drywaller, and set up for him and his helper (wife) to get started in our laundry room.

Well, plan one, didn't go down as we thought. Don woke up with the flu, and had me call my brothers, Micah and Aaron, (who were going to help) and let them know he would not be "bossing" them today.

Our drywalling duo did show up before 1oAM and in four hours they had the laundry room drywall hung, as well as half the dining room!!!!! Yea!!!!! I am sooooooo excited to see some progress!

It was recently noted, I had not written about the house for quite some time..... pretty much nothing had changed until today. We did get our cupboards ordered and picked up.... they are still in boxes in the office. I did brave out and open on last weekend. (I was scared after all that time and $ I wouldn't like them) I am happy to report they are lovely!

Don's workload since the new year has been quite heavy. We knew even during Christmas break this would be the case. He put in 8 extra hours 2 weeks in January, and then this week.

He did get some pocket door frames hung, and is working on figuring out our A/C duct work and also a central vac!

Back to today. I was rather derailed when I realized the wall/stairs thing wasn't going to happen, but Don was noticeably miserable so my pity party was short lived.

After lunch Don said he did have some things for the boys to work on, so they were called and came over. Once they finished the odd jobs Don had for them they even tackled the original job "the wall".

I am pleased to announce they did get one section all done!

So, here I sit with more drywall done than I had guessed, a wall, tulips, ice cream cake, a mellow hubby, and kids buzzed on obscene amounts of candy from their "friendship parties" at school.....does no one just give a card anymore?!!!! They were eating candy all day.... and it's still not done!!!

I wonder how many days of Don staying in bed we can afford!

Oh, we did have another guy come in and he is bidding our siding and drywall. I am praying, praying, praying he will be affordable! It would smooth out so many wrinkles in our life right now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hi thank you for the cd i still cant belive i won p.s. i am still waiting on dry wall

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I'm glad that so much was still able to be done. I know it's rough when unexpected things change plans.
I didn't know you were going to have a central vac! That will be so handy! I use one of those in a house I clean and I really like it.

Penny said...

I feel your pain. Our V Day did not go as planned, but it still was a very nice day. =) Glad you had some ice cream cake to help out, lol!!

12-arrows said...

I an praying that as I type this Don is feeling much better and can get back to his normal activities! LOL so glad you got so much done on your home, its has to be so exciting. I, for one, am not a patient waiter so I would be driving myself NUTTY!

and as far as the candy for V'day goes, Whats up with that? we never got all that stuff when I was a kid, it was just valentines and we were happy to get those and a party of cookies and punch. Man they go all out with parties today. Its crazy, its got to be bigger and better than the last.

Brooke said...

we had to get estimates and wait for a roofer when one little section of our shingles got damaged in last weeks storm - i pity you having to go through that process for an entire house!