Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Dishwasher Of My Own!!!

(Alternately titled: My husband, my hero!)

Yes, boys and girls, I Sarah McCallum just loaded a dishwasher installed here in MY house!!! I cried, I literally cried. I cannot explain the tremendous relief to have this machine at work for me! It is currently set up here in the basement, but it can be moved to the kitchen when it gets done.

Many things were accomplished here today, which makes for an exhilarating day! Our drywall help was here for 6 hours. I was gone for 3 hours of that time, on a supply run. I was delighted to find many walls well underway upon my return.

Don has been super busy here all week, but he's pretty much been working non stop for the past 12 hours today. We both woke up at 6:30 this morning. That is a big gripe of mine. Saturday is the ONLY day we get to sleep in, and if it isn't us waking up and not able to get back to sleep, it's the kids awake and making noise at 7. (we have to wake them up by 8 on Sunday)

So, Don has: run a couple of phone lines, ran a couple of thermostat wires, direct wired my dishwasher, plumbed the dishwasher, kept track of 4 kids for 3 hours and all 5 for 2, helped the drywall guy, got our printer up and running, ran electricity to our water heater, (it used to be heated only by the wood stove, but when the stove cooled down too much, no hot water. Not cool!! Yes all my McCallum readers, I know the water actually was cool.) He is currently setting up our whole house vac, and finishing up the 220 wiring for our stove.

We will both be ready to fall into our wonderful new bed and pillows. I am so glad we ordered it! Don says the only downside is that we didn't buy it 2 years ago. It has helped his back A LOT! But that's a whole other post.




The first load being washed!


4 comments:

Arlona Mc said...

Yea, God! He has talented your husband in so many ways. I am glad that you finally have your dishwasher and it is useable! I know what it was like to do the dishes in dishpans at the dining room table. I am excited that you are getting walls upstairs. God is so good. Love, Mom

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Woo Hoo!

Brooke said...

hurrah!!! :) that's awesome!!

Pegsy said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your dishwasher and new bed! It's amazing the difference a few material comforts can make! I would have cried over the dishwasher too! :-)

BTW, I didn't miss your comment about the Doritos! I can only imagine what Don has told you, but I'm sure it includes something about bad breath! So embarrassing! I actually don't eat those anymore - can't even remember the last time I had Doritos! They're too messy for kids and I find them too strong for me now! I love the thick, crunchy kettle potato chips now...