Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We're Loosing Our Baby

It's official...I no longer have a baby.

This fact has been quite obvious lately, Jesse's height alone reinforces that fact. Don and I have both been floored just watching Jesse pass by us.

There are other things too, independence in meeting daily needs such as getting dressed, brushing his teeth, doing dishes, raiding the fridge for a bologna ONLY sandwich. (just 3 slices of bologna folded like a tortilla.

But, if there was any doubt in my mind, tonight blew it all out of the water.

Jesse: "Bye Mom."
Me: "Where are you going?"
"To college."
"College?"
"Yes, far, far away."
"Mom, where is college?'
"If you don't know, I don't think you are ready for college."
"Yes I am. I am going to college far far away. Maybe, in Africa. I am going to college in Africa. Africa is a college."
"Africa is a continent.... I still don't think your ready to go..."

7 comments:

Arlona Mc said...

What do you expect of a young man who has his own "football team and base ball teams" that you must "qualify" to be on? Go Jesse!
Grandma Mc

Pegsy said...

That is too cute! I love having those kinds of conversations with my kids! The other day Sara told me, "Mom, I don't want to drive when I'm a teenager."

"Oh?" I said.

"No, I just want to learn to cook breakfast, lunch and supper." I laughed, cause I KNOW she'll totally change her tune in a few years!!

Brooke said...

how precious!!! :)

Penny said...

Too cute! Awwww...

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

That kid is hilarious...college in Africa: I wouldn't put it past him :)

12-arrows said...

Oh I just love the minds of little kids, especially boys. . . .go figure. . . .they are just so stinkin cute and adorable and they come up with some of the cutest thoughts! Your little guy is adorable!

Lois said...

And he has such a memory too. He is a capable cookie decorator also.
love, Aunt Lois