Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Joy

I am SOOOO geeked!

We started our new Bible study last night. We have begun, "Living Beyond Yourself" authored by Beth Moore.

This is a DVD study. We watched the first "instalment" last night, and it is so RIGHT ON!

Due to various pressures, needs and frustrations I have been taking a close look at the places my energies are spent, mainly people, and was starting to par back on how much I was "investing" myself.

Honestly, if felt very unnatural, but within the parameters of my selfish human mindset, it was needed.

I have been rather "let down" lately, feeling like a dumping station, a place people come to get rid of crap, but don't really care to linger .....

Anyway, it's complicated. My lack of neediness is often interpreted as a lack of need, but if someone really SAW me they would know that... right?!!!

But! It's not about ME!!! What a relief. God's plans for me ARE beyond me by design! I'M not supposed to do it! HE IS!!!!

Thru His Spirit I can
  • Do things I couldn't
  • Feel things I didn't
  • Know things I wouldn't

The filling of the Spirit doesn't just change my life, it changes TODAY! I don't have to wait for it! It's available now! I just have to "come out of myself".

Cool beans!!! No striving. No manipulating.

I am so excited! I was giddy with gratitude last night as I crashed with my dear hubby! Just the knowing....I am exactly where I am supposed to be, with Don, in our house, in N.H., in our church, with our kids, in our families... It's FANTASTIC!

Did I mention our study is on the fruit of the Spirit....

2 comments:

Brooke said...

*hugs*

if we would just think of it that way...that God put us right here for a specific reason...there would be no room for self esteem issues.

(sounds like i need the class!)

Penny said...

How cool! I love your last graf. You are exactly where you need to be with the people you need to be with. I'm like you on this, because Hubby and I have been working on "Are we where we SHOULD be?" for a couple of weeks, but...We ARE where we are supposed to be, and that is so amazing to me. =)