Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LABOR Day




I felt a bit of "testosterone overload" yesterday. I spent the afternoon and evening with our boys cleaning up a tree. Don had cut it down last week to make room for the well drilling equipment that is to arrive sometime this week. The boys work very well with direction and gallons of Gatorade. We trimmed some branches up for firewood, and burned the rest. I pointed out they would be less likely to get scratched if they wore a shirt, I was in long sleeves, but it was hot and they can be bareback, so they stayed that way. They were filthy by the time we got home!!


I thought about taking Don's picture....All three boys together were only half as dirty and far less stinky. Don spent all day working on various things. It was quite muggy and hot. We can't wait to have the well dug and the water hooked up!

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I love those pictures!!! Adorable stinky sweaty boys :)

I feel like I'm on testosterone overload all the time...just wait till their teenagers *cry* :)

12-arrows said...

Ok I am gonna help you with perspective here. . . . .10 boys, all but one, my 6 year old who thinks he is as old as everyone else, are loaded with male-dormroom testerone! enjoy your boys at the ages they are, because its a tough job parenting teenage/adult males. Honestly speaking, its the toughest part of motherhood I have had to experience yet. We had 9 boys before our first girl came, #11 was another boy and #12 a girl. Love those boys, they may be loud, busy, messy, but they don't produce the drama girls do! don't get me wrong I LOVE my girls but whew, boys are so much easier to handle. Truthfully I should have been a drill sargeant!!!!! LOL