Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Good, The Bad & The Mini (van)

Good
Cooler weather
Fuzzy pants
mint M&Ms
Quiet time
Kids doing well at getting around in the morning
Ladies Bible study up and running again
Kids Club starting tonight
20+ MPG, double what we've been getting with the Suburban
Filling up the tank for $70!
Well is getting drilled this week!
Bad
(P)MS
Just bought the last bag of limited edition mint M&Ms (maybe that should be on the good list)
I miss driving the Suburban
No power windows (the kids call the crank windows "Magic"! I need to get that one straightened out!! I think they just like it that the windows work when the car is off and I can't lock them!)
Headaches, daily
Too much to do, too little time and energy
Hubby stressed to the max trying to juggle it all
Mini van
(it needs washed)
For the record... I am thrilled to be saving on gas, but I mourn the things I've lost in my Suburban. We are driving this to prolong the life of my dear VOC (vehicle of choice). The kids think it's great, for now..... They are even getting along better with LESS room, just to promote purchasing this "new"car,
I think I am going to have to get a big hat to go with my sunglasses for camouflage. "Who drops our kids at school?" "Oh, that is a friend......"
Happy Wednesday!!!

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I love my mini van...praying you heart yours soon :) or at least like it, HA!

Great lists, hope the headaches go away!

12-arrows said...

OH I am envious. . . .we have a suburban and I want in the worst way to get a van, the gas costs are killing us. We put in $100 and it didn't even fill it! UGH! Try and look at the positive, less money on gas for sure. You are right about the windows my kids would be thrilled to control their own without the child safety locks always on! Just view this as a short-term solution. . . .I would glady give you my suburban. LOL

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Interesting how the whole vehicle thing has panned out... :)
Girl, you make me tired just reading about your life.
Way cute pictures of your macho men.

Joyfulsheep said...

loved the pics of the boys...that Jesse is such a ham! I had an interview last week that I think went well. I hope to know soon.