Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hurried Updates

I had a major case of envy this past summer.... concrete envy. I would see one of these trucks,


rolling down the road and I would think, "OH! I wish they were headed to our house!!!!" The trucks finally rolled into our place last month to supply the concrete for our basement floor, and once again this weekend to pour the stoop cap, and bases for our egress window wells. It's funny how simple a deal it seems now, but I do remember how painfully I wanted them to be going to our house!!

Exhibit B is rather hard to make out, but at the top of the picture there is a flag which is mounted on the tip top of the equipment our well drillers are using. Yeah!!! A well!! (another big milestone!)

And finally, Exhibit C:

Granted, Don was less than trilled to pose for this picture, but it is a tribute to my mother and her sewing skills. They have saved us a fortune!!!!

I just cracked up, no pun intended, (I am a McCallum by marriage) when Don was headed off to work Saturday morning. At present this pair of work jeans has 3 patched holes in the back, and one new one needing patching. This doesn't include the patched seam in the front... Let's just say we needed to keep the work clothes G rated....

So again, thanks mom! We started this project with 3 pair of grubby jeans, but were it not for patching I would have been spending money on new jeans just to have them destroyed!!! One pair was sacrificed for the patching material, but we still have 2 pair in circulation.

Oh! Funny note: My dad and Don's mom share a birthday, today! Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

YAY!

And CRACK ME UP that Don's butt is now on the internet ;)