Friday, August 22, 2008

My Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

I got out of bed, at 5:45.
After 9 hours of sleep I was happy to be alive.
As I descended the stairs still not quite awake,
I thought to myself, "OH! I have a headache!
Got hubs out the door, now on to the kids.
Bing! Bang! Boom!
What a chore that is!
Make your bed! Brush your teeth!
Devos, and eat!
As I flew thru the house, headache following here and yon,
I found a boy shirking. Let's call him, Jon.
Rooms were a disaster! Feet had no socks!
I stumbled and fell over and INDOOR pile of rocks!!
On Homer! On Jon! On Marlene and Delphia!
Don't worry about shoes Jesse, no one's gonna see ya!
We are finally loaded and headed to school.
I try to obey the 55 rule.
Bible and spelling in the car, cows in the road.
I told you before we will not house a toad!!
Quiet ride home. Soo much to do.
Dishes. Cleaning. Laundry. Prepping for the MTL too. (Yeah!)
But lets not forget the beast in my head.
Who keeps pushing me down instead of ahead.
I check online for the shoes our kids require.
An hour flies by. What is it young Squire?
No, no movies, Mom needs time with God.
Quiet time done, I still can't move my bod.
Okay dear, "Nim's Island" it is.
Pretty cute movie. Not just for kids.
Frozen chicken the ice pack on my aching head.
(If I'd have seen myself 15 years ago, I'd have dropped over dead!)
My relaxing glass of ice tea had not one spill but two.
Cannot find the craisins, form the cupboard they flew!
Water and Mold in my basement. Dishes tumble about.
Can't wait for the news that we can move out!
I can't keep my fingers around one single thing!
My to do list has lengthened, my ears are starting to ring.
Toddler poured his juice into a Zip lock from his cup.
Great! there's another mess to clean up.
I've cried all I can. My solitude soon ends.
BUT I THANK GOD FOR HIS LOVE,
AND I THANK GOD FOR FRIENDS!
P.S.
Now on top of it all, Blogger says that it hates me!
No line breaks I'm granted. Isn't life crazy?!!

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You little poet you! This is cute...but I'm sorry the day was so crazy.

...the juice poured in a ziplock is so something my boys would do!

Love you friend!

Sarah M. said...

This continued to pile up after I left. Train on the way to school, no parking, forgot to get the DVD in the case when returning to the library....
The kids are being super helpful now. Good deal! (God Deal)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Although I am sorry for the super no fun day - this was actually really fun to read. :) Witty you! :)
Glad things are going better. We loved seeing you guys.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.