Friday, July 11, 2008

Have You Tried These?

For the past couple of summers Doritos has produced a mystery flavored chip. Supposedly they want help naming the new flavor....I think they just want you to buy it out of curiosity. They know you'd NEVER buy it if you knew what it tasted like! Last summer the new chip tasted like a cheeseburger with lots of pickles. I have yet to see those back on the shelf with their "new name".






This summer these "mystery chips" are on shelves to seduce those of us curious enough to try them. These taste like, I kid you not, LEMON CAKE BATTER!!!! What it the world?!! I wish I could share with you the looks on my kids faces!!! They LOVE Doritos, but out of five kids, only 2 actually ate the chip, and only 1 actually wanted more. I am sure there is some very posh lime flavored alcoholic beverage out there they may taste like, but I for one don't care for chips that taste like either a cake mix or a liquid. They weren't terrible, they were actually rather funky. I just had NO desire to put another one in my mouth (ever)after I had eaten 5 chips. They have now gone the way of last years bag of mystery chips, they are now at my parent's house for my siblings to try. Gotta spread the love!

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter because they no longer make my favorite Doritos, Jalapeno Cheddar.

P.S. Yes I will continue to buy each new mystery flavor out of sheer curiosity


1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I didn't know they had such a thing!...I'm boring, I just like the originals...which I bought today to eat with hamburger dip:)