Saturday, July 19, 2008

??????

I have no time for a witty title, but I wanted to spread some very important news.
Wednesday night our youngest, Jesse, accepted Christ as his personal Savior! There are no words to describe our joy knowing all 5 of the children God has entrusted us have made salvation decisions! Jesse thinks it's cool that he is now my brother. (in the LORD)

I was a plumber today! We only had 2 kids with us today and I was able to help out. I was glad to spend time with Don, I learned some things, and I was delighted to see the basement plumbing 75% done. One step closer to the floor poured down there! Toward the end of the day it started POURING. Once my pants were soaked I even developed a bit of "plumber pants". (only my low riding pants only showed my cute polka dot skivvies:)

Speaking of tails, one of the kids used the great outdoors for a bathroom and seems to have found some poison ivy. Yikes!! I feel VERY sorry for them, but I am having the hardest time not laughing at the awkward way they have to walk. Poor baby! This is one case where the (topical) cure may be worse than the "disease"!

I leave off with the promises of God. There was a terrific thunder/ lightening/ rain storm tonight. We were frantically shoveling to keep the water out of the house and to keep the pipe we had installed from floating. (There are very specific elevations for those pipes) As I drove home, I had a moment of fear. The weather was quite daunting, but right at that moment I noticed a full rainbow to my left. It was a sweet and calming reminder that God is always in control. The rainbow with lightning going off around it was amazing!

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

So happy for Jesse!! I'm sure it was his WONDERFUL Bible school teacher that helped push him over the edge on that decision ;)...or maybe NOT :)

We prayed for you last night as it began to rain...with thoughts of your basement!

Miss you!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

We are thrilled to spend eternity with our nieces and nephews as well!!
I'm trying not to laugh about the poisen ivy...I'm sure it's very uncomfy. :)
Sorry I couldn't be there to see the polka dot skivies...

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLKA DOT SKIVIE GIRL!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

Joyfulsheep said...

YEAH Jessie!