Monday, July 27, 2009

Update

  • It's been 10 days since I've blogged
  • I am 500 miles from home
  • We will cover probably another 1000 miles before we arrive home late Sunday night
  • We now travel to MI for the family reunion during the summer rather than braving the roads and leaving our wood heated house in December.
  • I was able to go to the Cascades with Don, his mom and the kids last night. I have been wanting to do this for about 8 years. The cascades is a a series of waterfalls with various colored lights that change, and music.
  • I had the bestest birthday EVER this past week. It covered 3 days and involved no kids, time alone with Don, lunch with a friend I rarely get to catch up with, and a sweet dinner provided by my dear grandmother, at my mom's house, (mom also made my favorite, ice cream cake) with the majority of my family. It was soooo nice!
  • Don spoke at our church last Sunday. He brought the message he did before about caring for the orphans and widows. That message is one that is being fleshed out in our lives currently.
  • Facing the daunting task of possibly caring for a special needs child. Not sure if it will be for a time or forever.
  • Headed into a week of lots of people to see, so little time to do it!
  • Heard a train last night and it made both Don and I homesick. Missing our bed!!! and the trains we hear each evening
  • Our last of our main floor drywall should be hung and mudded/ sanded by the time we get home!!!! Yeah!!! Flooring is next!!!
  • Hopefully the road construction will be done too!!
  • God keeps dropping obvious reminders of the fruit of the spirit and my need to depend on His spirit

2 comments:

Brooke said...

my prayers for your family...sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire!

Penny said...

Wow -- sounds like you had a fantastic birthday...but have some very tough decisions in the near future! Praying for y'all for safe travels as well as for your decisions regarding taking in a child. =)