Thursday, July 9, 2009

This Crazy Life In Living Color (I like color)

I have needed a clock for the dining room/ kitchen, but I had yet to find the PERFECT clock to compliment my Fiesta ware. I present, the PERFECT clock I stumbled upon quite by accident.
I am not sure if I mentioned I lost my glasses, but after I bought my black pair I said my next pair would be red. TA DA!! I love them!!
Happy 40th birthday to my Sunshine!



The fire extinguisher was HIS doing, not mine. I am really celebrating his 40th birthday, but I am not putting emphasis on the whole "over the hill" thing. There are plenty others to do that for me, right Sarah? :-)

It needs another coat to even out the color, but I LOVE my red office. One more color choice I don't have to get panicky over. I am now losing sleep over the dark blue I picked for our room.
This room became our guest suit. We got it wrapped up enough for Don's folks to use while they are here.
Don and I slept in it Monday night. It is the first time since we moved in that I have slept in a real room, with a door! (at least in our house)
Added bonus: the fan was super easy to put up. Yeah for not making hubby grouchy! Go Hunter brand fans!!

Our "chocolate" bathroom all gussied up

That's all folks!
I have to get ready for 50-200 people for Don's party tomorrow.
I'm loven' it!

7 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

- cute clock
- LOVING the white cabinet against the chocolate wall! POP :)

- The red is cute too...on the glasses and wall ;)

- Hopefully by the time I turn 40 Don will have forgotten about my PERFECT gift :)

Brooke said...

love the clock, love the glasses, love the paint color! :)

and how cute/creative that you made the cupcakes into a number 40. great idea!

Pegsy said...

LOVE the clock! It is definitely perfect! I like colour too!

Happy birthday to Don! I can't believe he's 40! My hubby just hit #30 last July (yeah, I married a baby!). Sounds like a great party - wish we could be 4 of the 50-200 people there!

LouAnn said...

I am glad for your accomplishments. I love how you both work as a team to finish each project. As far as the estinguisher (sp?) goes Don always has to have tools to do things. :) Just like the blower for the fire!! Hope you are lovin' not going to the post office anymore as well. Have fun tomorrow. Eat some pork for me and Alex!!! Luv ya

Penny said...

DARLING glasses!!! I love them!!

You are such an amazing decorator; can you come help me???

Anonymous said...

You look great in your new red specs. It's been so fun seeing pictures of the house as it all starts coming together! I absolutly LOVE all the color!

Hope Don had a Super 40th!!

Mandie R

12-arrows said...

Sarah Girl..........you have done an amazing job with your new home! I <3 all the colors and especially <3 the red. I am just now thinking of changing up things a bit and doing some red. A friend of mine just bought a beautiful sectional in RED and it looks fabulous against her dark green/taupe walls! Oh you are doing good keep up the good work! and the red glasses, awesome too!