Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Is He Sick Or Not?!!

This morning Jesse woke up crying and was in a very pitiful mood. I wasn't real concerned. He tends to whine, or out right, cry about any and everything that doesn't go his way. I just figured getting up and around to take the kids to school fell into the category of things he'd do differently if allowed.

(Don had a discussion with him about crying "Wolf" recently. This weekend he fell into one of our egress window wells and was screaming his head off, but it was the same mad cry as when a sibling looks at him cross eyed, so needless to say no body was rushing to investigate.)

He sat on my lap for the majority of our "getting things around for school" time, and shortly after devos had a drink of water, which he promptly brought back up.

Okay, we took the kids to school and upon arriving home he wanted another drink. I complied, with bowl in hand. Yep, it came right back out.

So, he sat on the couch and took a trip to Narnia. That trip seemed to cure him! He is now running around like this


.

eating everything in sight, including licking the spatula from the chocolate for the peanut butter bars I made. (aren't you jealous Sarah?)

P.S.

Does anyone else have a 5 year old still wearing 24M shorts? I don't have a clue how we got such a scrawny kid!

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

THAT is the best picture ever. The boots top it all off :)

I am jealous of the bars! I'm outta chocolate chips or I'd make some for myself :)...on 2nd thought, it's probably good I don't have them, I feel like I've gained 5 lbs just thinking about them!

Pegsy said...

LOL What a day! Kids are so weird with their little "sicknessess" sometimes! My 5 year old is pretty skinny too - I just recently retired a pair of swimming trunks that were a size 2T, but generally speaking he's usually a size back from his actual age.

Those bars sound like a recipe I need to have... Have you ever posted it?

Sara@iSass said...

My son just turned 4 in Jan and he is just wearing 3Ts. And I thought THAT was bad!
Love the story about the crying.
We've got a screamer here. But mostly it's because his sister won't leave him alone. We're hoping that if we let him scream long enough, we'll tire of it and then find other ways to "commuicate" his feelings to her. Like smacking her in the head! (Now, before you go and report me, I'd like to say she's got 25 pounds on him and it would do her good to heed his warnings.)
Not that I'd ever incourage that behavior, I'm just saying maybe he'll get creative, and when she comes crying I'll say "Where you listening to him, because it sounds like he was telling you to leave him alone. When you don't listen what is he suppose to do?"
It cracks me up how many times we don't listen to God until he smacks one on us. :)

Penny said...

HAHA! That was the best "sickness" ever!