Saturday, May 9, 2009

For Now

I have been lodging, in my mind, various happenings over the past few days in hopes of getting a few moments to fire off a bullet point update on things. There is a lot going on, and honestly it is the only way to string it all together with any readability.

Obviously it's not happened. So I am settling on catching up for today. (usually the things I want to write about on any given day change by the next day or so, or are crowded out by new things and thoughts)

Today was GLORIOUS, and not at all what we had planned.
  • sleeping in
  • not fixing breakfast because there were leftover burritos and the kids would rather eat cereal anyway
  • fixing 40 ham balls for Mother's day dinner with my mom and siblings
  • practice for special music, coaxing a friend to sing with us
  • quick trip to buy more ham, drop of the baked ham balls, and speeding to a graduation open house
  • getting to see our former church family. 50% good 50% not so great.
  • struggling with how poorly we represent Christ
  • walk around GC lake
  • hubby spent all day setting up new sound equipment at church
  • we all went to the park
  • we all came home and cleaned a portion of the yard in hopes of actually having a patch of grass for the kids to play on
  • our plan was to plant all the flowers and seeds Don bought me for Mother's day. Didn't happen, too dark.
  • hot dog supper on the front porch
  • planning "meeting" with Don while the kids took their showers
  • 20 more ham balls to make
  • Don mixed the Cheesy potatoes for me
  • ham balls just finished cooking. I am off to bed. Rhubarb pie to get around in the AM.

As I mentioned, the day really was nothing like we'd planned. We had plans to work on placing our kitchen cupboards, staining some doors, and getting all the baking done, but it was perfect. There was no rush and it was perfect contentment just working all together.

3 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

hot dog supper on the porch sounds wonderful!
What I enjoy about this time of year the bugs (at least here in MN) aren't out yet. There'll be an occastion bee or lady bug. but no flys or mosquitos.
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Penny said...

Love all the ham ball references. Made me laugh. ;)

12-arrows said...

I always love it when another plan formualtes itself and works out much better than the one in my head or on my to do list; and if you can let yourself go and go with it the day runs much smoother and hassle free for the most part.