Tuesday, June 16, 2009

  • The kids swam in the rain for 15" yesterday, then the pool closed.
  • Thought the weather would be terrible for T ball (like it was on Friday) but it turned out to be a beautiful evening
  • Homer is off to Jr. Boys camp til Saturday
  • Searched in vain for a Chili's or Outback on my trip to Peru, IL coming up Saturday, but it seems Wendy's, Mc Donalds, Taco (smell) Bell, and Arby's are my choices
  • Have you ever noticed how there is a distinct french fry fart smell to a car after a day long trip.... Hate that!
  • Gonna be in the kitchen all day
  • Hard to cook with out counter tops!
  • Finally settled on stainless steal counter tops
  • Garbage disposal comes today
  • Lost my glasses last week. I think they fell out of the car ( I should have put them in their case... I KNOW!!)
  • Using whole wheat flour
  • Having a hard time telling when the biscuits or cookies are done. They are already brown!
  • Really hard time telling when the base for my gravy is browned...
  • Sausage gravy and biscuits for "breakfast"
  • It will be 11AM before we eat
  • Caused a stir on Facebook
  • Still can't figure out if the biscuits are done.....
  • Can't live with out the hand blender my Aunt (pronounced AHnt) Kendra gave me for my wedding shower. I'm a minimalist when it comes to kitchen tools. Don, not so much... the hand blender works PERFECTLY for beating the eggs for scrambled eggs, all 18 of them.
  • Pampered Chef party to attend Thursday
  • Food looks kindy yucky when it's made with brown flour
  • Told Don about his "surprise" party on July 10th
  • He was glad to know
  • Had to find a new venue, our park will be under construction
  • About had a panic attack trying to decide on a sink.... under mount, top mount stainless steel, stone, fiber glass, cast iron, white, black, 8" deep, 9" deep, wider on one side, shallow on one side.... Don finally stepped in with his opinion when I was sure I didn't have one.
  • Went to see Night at the Museum 2 on Friday after the ball games in the rain. They were sold out at the $1 theatre. Go figure! They haven't had a kids movie for 2 months or more!
  • Having my washing machine right next to the dryer is MUCH easier than having them on different levels!
  • I still can't keep up with laundry
  • Making supper for a family with a new baby
  • Craving iced tea

4 comments:

Brooke said...

did you get to see the movie even though it sold out?

also chilis is my absolutely favorite restaurant.

Penny said...

Sooo many questions and comments...lol!

Stainless steel? AWESOME.

You caused a stir on facebook? How so?

11 a.m. can be a fun brunch time

LOL -- I accidently told my hubby about a Valentine surprise one time...

Sara@iSass said...

I don't know if I should be laughing or crying at this list!
We call it Taco Hell. I've never heard of french frie fart smell and you know it's summer when the cheap seats are sold out!!!!
I can't WAIT to see this kitchen!

Pegsy said...

This makes my head spin! Hopefully you can find a few moments of peace in the midst of everything.
And I missed the stir on Facebook - I'll have to go check that out!
Good for you for switching to whole wheat flour! You'll get the hang of it...