Thursday, September 3, 2009

Decisions, Decisions....

Okay, time for a glimpse into how obsessive I can be.

I picked out our bedroom paint color last winter. (very dark blue) I went online and found these cute Euro shams to coordinate and plan on finding a solid color quilt to go with them. I am pretty sure I can find some neat pillows to complete "the look".



Tick, tock, tick tock....

Flash forward to this month. Our bedroom will be ready for paint Saturday. Sudden panic! I am not really sold on "the look" any longer.

Hours spent online looking at bedding. Find some that I am SURE is perfect. It gets delivered. I put it on the bed for display. Hmmmm, I do kinda like the first look. I really like the new look, actually I REALLY like both looks.

NOW WHAT??!!!



Look #1

Pros.

  • I have the paint. (I could use it in the boys rooms, so it wouldn't be waisted)
  • Don helped pick the paint color, and he really likes the color
  • The sham goes very well with my multi colored Fiesta ware as well as the red office and green laundry room. (all of which you CAN NOT see from our room
  • It coordinates well with our white cotton 1000 thread count sheets (just a note, be prepared to become addicted if you ever up the thread count of your sheets.)

Cons.

  • I don't know what color to paint the bathroom
  • I have yet to find the PERFECT comforter and shams to go with it
  • I am panicking about the dark blue. Everyone already says, "wow, you really like dark colors don't you?"
  • It lacks "dimension"
  • It will be hard to get another color of paint to cover the dark blue when I change things up in say 5 years.

Look #2

Pros.

  • I am (currently) really geeked about the color combo
  • Excited about the (possibly) gray walls. (sophisticated with a POP!)
  • I already have the orange paint for the bathroom from my obsessing over the kitchen color
  • Very dimensional
  • With this color combo I could pull in our current comforter cover if I needed a change.
  • Sale! Free shipping!!
  • The gray would be easily covered over, or coordinated with should I change the whole "look".

Cons

  • Don hates the color combo (but said it really doesn't matter to him)
  • Not really sure what color to paint the walls. Orange seems to be overwhelming. I am not finding a suitable shade of light orange. I HATE peach. I have settled on a light gray for our room, and orange for the bathroom.
  • Going to need to order another Euro sham for the back layer of pillows.
  • Then there is the fact that I had to purchase this stuff, but I am going to have to find a quilt for the other anyway.

P.S. I do want feedback on this issue, however, please do not be put out if my final choice, should I be able to make one, isn't your favorite. Trust me, my other self will be grieving right alone with you!

3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I feel your pain. Really, I do. SO many pros, so many cons. :) I think the biggest hurdle for me in preferring the second look is that it's not Don's first color choice. Just because I know how I am and it would be hard for me to choose somehting if I knew Dave didn't love it.

I'm just crazy about your idea of gray walls (sophisticated with a POP! - how great is that?!) and the orange bathroom!! I love the little orange pillow. Seeing it together on your bed is so cool. I'm just really liking the color combo.

The other choice is not a bad one though and I know you will make a great choice. Your decorating skill in one a admire and I think you could even make a room in pastel colors look good. :)

Brooke said...

i think the dark blue would look beautiful on the wall. i'm a big fan of colors - don't anyone talk you out of something you have envisioned!!

my family told me that the colors i picked were too bold. they've since apologized because they look perfect for the house!

LouAnn said...

You are my new decorator when I need one in a year or two. Hopefully, yours will be done by then. Love ya!!!