Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crucified


Ten Characteristics of the Crucified Life

1. Few will understand.
2. You must abandon your own will and your own agenda.
3. Your intimate spiritual companions will be few.
4. Intense times of aloneness with God are required.
5. You will be constantly on the witness stand.
6. You must go “outside the camp” (a.k.a. comfort zone)
7. There will be times when your dignity is forfeited.
8. You must forego your rights.
9. You must accept that death is painful.
10.Because he was forsaken, you never will be.


So much struggle, so much pain. Some of it of human origin, some of it the struggle of growth, some of it divine appointment.

So many needy people. So much collateral damage from selfish choices. So many moments I feel there is just nothing I can do, as Satan gloats.

Moment by moment dependence on strength from above, so many things crowding in, and being allowed in, during my time with HIM. So many gentle reminders He is never too busy, never turns His back, or drops my burden.

Continued renewal thru His word, reinforced by reminders such as the outline above and this song

11 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Hey Sarah--thanks for the great post...this hit me right where I'm at today. I totally needed it.
It's easy to choose the comfort zone rather than sacrificing my own popularity....
Thanks :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Good, good stuff.

Linked here today.

Chrysanthemama said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Brooke said...

few will understand...

today i encountered that. jay and i were talking to an attorney about wills and living wills. i had to try to explain to the attorney that while i would love the plug to be pulled on me if medically deemed that there was "no hope" i couldn't do it to my husband, because "no hope" on earth is a far better choice than spending eternity in the pits of hell. better to let him linger and pray for a miracle.

of course i'm praying it never comes to that and that he'd be saved today. or tomorrow. but soon.

hope for the best, plan for the worst.

sorry if that was a hijack.

*hugs*

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing!!! Good re-focus post!

Tracy said...

Beautifully (and convictingly) spoken, Sarah...thank you. (Came by way of Life in the Parsonage.)

Blessings to you...
Tracy

Wendy said...

I agree - good, good stuff!

Penny said...

Awesome post!! Love the list. I love lists generally, and this one is really special. =)

Anonymous said...

Great post! Sarah was right, you nailed it.

-FringeGirl

Amy said...

Popped over here from Life in the Parsonage...

"Because He was forsaken, you never will be."

Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Thanks for this.

j said...

These were the reminders that I needed to read today. God led me here right at the moment that I needed to hear it the most.